Sunday, April 5, 2009

Breakfast Scramble


So, yesterday I went to a Williams-Sonoma class on Breakfast, and it's got me thinking about breakfast. So, this morning, I made an incredible omelet. Seriously- amazing. I don't usually like omelets that much, but this one was really, REALLY good!

Ingredients:
Butter
Mushrooms
Onion
Bacon
Eggs
Milk
Swiss Cheese (or other type of cheese)

So, I used a little more than half of a carton of mushrooms. I used plain button mushrooms, but I think it would be even better with baby bellas or crimini. I sliced them up thinly. Then I took about 1/4 of a smallish onion, diced really small. I put 1 Tbsp butter on a saute pan at med high heat and cooked the mushrooms and the onion together, after doing the salt and pepper thing, of course. Once the mushrooms were starting to wilt up pretty good, I added 3 slices of chopped raw bacon. I did have to use a paper towel to drain some of the grease, but it's better if you cook them all together.
Once those were about done, I put 6 eggs and 1/4c milk in a bowl and beat it. Then I poured it into a DIFFERENT saute pan, and did the scrambled egg thing. Once the eggs were almost done, I added the mushroom mixture and about 1/4c cubed swiss cheese. It needs to be cubed so you get pockets of cheese. When you grate the cheese, it just kind of mixes in. I used swiss because it was what I had, and it was good, but swiss doesn't melt super great. I might try a white cheddar next time. I like white cheddar better than orange.
Serve just as the cheese starts to melt.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh- one thing I really liked about it was that the bacon flavor was not overwhelming. Bacon tends to do that, but this was perfect.

Laura said...

Mmm, looks good!