Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pepper Soup

steam
1 pound carrots, peeled, and sliced
1 yam, peeled and sliced
1 portion of fresh peeled ginger root (about the size of your little finger)

saute
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, peeled
a generous pinch of salt and pepper

add the steamed vegetables to the sauteed veggies, then add the water used to steam the carrots to the pot, and simmer for 1 hour, or until all the veggies are soft. Then, using an immersion blender or a regular blender in batches, puree the ingredients until the desired consistency is achieved.

Then add
the zest from 1 orange
the juice from 1 orange
about 1/4 cup zested fresh ginger root
more pepper to taste

serve warm, with yummy rolls on the side

I call this soup pepper soup because when I made it the first time, I added way too much pepper, at least according to what my wife said when I was making it. When it came time to eat it, however, after I added the ginger, orange zest and orange juice, it was actually perfect, with just a little bit of heat on the back end. Okay, it may have been really spicy, but still excellent!

Enjoy with someone you love!

No comments: